Friday, March 23, 2012

Cougar Town

I'm thinking about re-naming my blog "Cougar Town."  The problem is, that you have to watch Cougar Town to understand the joke there... For those that don't get it:

When the T.V. show Cougar Town first aired, it was a show about a woman,
Courtney Cox, who was just turning 40 and dating a man that was in his
early 20's (Vince from What I Like About You).  There was another
lady in the show that was a competing realtor that was probably in her 50's
that was also dating much younger guys (funny thing is that the actress that played
that character was also in What I Like About You).  Well, about 4 episodes in to the first
season, Courtney Cox and Vince (I don't remember the characters name, so we'll call him
by the name that I do know) broke up and she began dating men her own age.  She is
now engaged to her neighbor who is also in his 40's.  The show is now in its 3rd season, so
she hasn't been a cougar for 2 1/2 seasons, and the other lady hasn't been in the show for a LONG
time.

So the show REALLY doesn't match its name anymore... The funny thing is, they've started making fun of it themselves.  Here's a link to a sight that has "The Best of..." Cougar Town's self-depricating title cards:  http://www.buzzfeed.com/jpmoore/the-best-of-cougar-towns-self-deprecating-title-c.  We make sure to pause the DVR every week so we can read what the title card says.

I've said all that to say:  Look at the title of my blog.  I haven't posted anything about anything homemade in months!  If I was witty, I would make up title cards to go with my blogs about how they're no longer about homemade stuff... But i'm not... So I won't...

No comments:

Post a Comment