Thursday, March 15, 2012

And the broken record plays again...

So, I'm suddenly back on a Nora Roberts kick (don't judge me, Alicia and I used to trade her books back and forth all through high school), and I'm reading the first in the Bride Quartet series.  I'm not too terribly far into it, but it's all about these 4 friends who own and run a wedding venue business thing.  There's the photographer, the food girl, the florist/decorator, and the planner/keep everything together-er.  And reading this book, while sitting inside a building with no windows on a beautiful spring day just makes me keep screaming in my head that I'm wasting my life...

I LOVE to do ALL of those things.  I may not be a great photographer, yet, but I enjoy it.  I'm big into the crafty, decoraty stuff.  I love planning things.  And for Pete's sake (whoever the junk Pete is) I went to school to do the baking/food stuff!  But instead, I'm stuck here.  Now don't get me wrong, there are upsides to this job.  It's easy.  It pays money (not good money, but I guess any money is good money).  And if I need of in a moments notice to take Nigel to the doctor, they don't even bat an eye at it. 

Yes, I do feel so much better emotionally and whatnot after my spur of the moment stay-at-home vacation last week, but overall I'm still not where I want to be in my life.  There are so many things that I'd rather do!  So many places I'd rather be.  So many other pieces of paper that I'd rather stare at all day, than this stinkin manilla colored application...

I just feel like my talents are being wasted.
And yes, I would like some cheese with this whine :)

1 comment:

  1. I love those books. I still read Nora Roberts. No judging here. :D. Love you!!! You are still young,and have years to get where you want to be. :D Love you!

    ReplyDelete